Seeing as how fall is upon us, I thought I would talk about a few urban legends surrounding the topic of female hair loss. So here goes:
- A baseball hat does not cause you to go bald.
- Human hair wigs are not hotter than any other type of wig. In fact, a quality human hair or hair addition is lightweight, cook and comfortable.
- Female hair loss can come from either maternal side or paternal side. It does not discriminate.
- Shampooing your hair too much does not cause hair loss. It is just easier to notice when it collects in one spot, your drain. If you don’t wash your hair for a few days when you do wash it you will lose the same amount you would have had you washed it every day. It just looks worse because it is all collected in one area.
- Chemical hair products such as color, perms and relaxers cause hair loss. Not true. Always use well known products and if you are worried do a patch test. Chemicals are never easy on the hair however used with caution and used correctly should not cause any hair loss issues.
- Yes you can swim, scuba, tube and jet ski, not to mention roller coasters.
Seriously though, if you are concerned about female hair loss, first talk to your doctor and explain to him or her what is going on what what concerns you have. If you are considering men’s or women’s hair replacement options, hair additions, wigs, or hair pieces, we invite you to contact us to schedule a free, private consultation where you can talk one-on-one with a knowledgeable New Orleans area hair loss specialist and get all your questions answered.