Female Hair Loss: Myth vs. Reality
Since it’s July and summer is truly upon us here in the New Orleans area, I thought I would talk about a few of the many myths surrounding the topic of female hair loss. So here goes:
- A baseball hat does not cause you to go bald.
- Human hair wigs are not hotter than any other type of wig. In fact, a quality human hair or hair addition is lightweight, cool and comfortable.
- Female hair loss can come from either maternal side or paternal side. It does not discriminate. There are a variety of totally undetectable, natural, beautiful women’s hair replacement solutions and hair addition options available today that were not available even five years ago.
- Shampooing your hair too much does not cause hair loss. It is just easier to notice when it collects in one spot, your drain. If you don’t wash your hair for a few days when you do wash it you will lose the same amount you would have had you washed it every day. It just looks worse because it is all collected in one area.
- Chemical hair products such as color, perms and relaxers cause hair loss. Not true. Always use well known products and if you are worried do a patch test. Chemicals are never easy on the hair however used with caution and used correctly should not cause any hair loss issues.
If you are concerned about female hair loss first talk to your doctor and explain to him or her what is going on what what concerns you have. If you are considering hair additions, wigs, or hair pieces, we invite you to contact us. We’ve been helping Maryland women who are suffering from hair loss, alopecia, and thinning hair for over 12 years. We can help you evaluate what hair loss solution might be appropriate for your particular lifestyle and type of hair loss.
How to Effectively Treat Hair Loss
The first step is to pinpoint where your hair loss is beginning. Time is so important as the treatment will only work on existing hair follicles. Once they are gone, there is nothing that can be done. Having a consultation with a professional hair loss specialist who can help you evaluate your hair loss situation and recommend the most appropriate course of action is so important, and the sooner the better.
If you are having hair loss it is vital for you to begin treatment as soon as possible. Some treatments can take a minimum of one year to really begin to work, while other options such as non-surgical hair replacement can give you back a full head of natural looking, beautiful hair in just one afternoon. We can help direct you to products that get results and help create a regime that is tailored to your specific hair loss needs.